Enter in your information below and click send. After receiving your appointment request, a member of our staff will call you back with any details you may need for your visit.
Please review the information you have entered. If you are satisfied, press Submit and a member of our staff will be in touch with your shortly.
The Bark Shack is a full service Pet Care Company offering pet boarding, daycare, and dog & cat grooming. Pick-up and delivery service is also available in Bluffton and Hilton Head Island. Please see our Services section for pricing.
Karen Just is a certified pet groomer, a former member of the National Dog Groomers Association, and a former member of National Association of Creative Pet Groomers. Karen dreamed of owning a kennel since the age of 9, while living in Chattanooga, TN, but life, 8 years as a radio announcer, and 20 years in corporate sales got in the way.
Finally, starting in 2007, Karen created/owned and sold a profitable kennel, then embarked on her latest and best, “The Bark Shack.” Karen has two gorgeous girls and one totally adorable grandson! ...and nine rescue dogs, two cats….
We can pick up or deliver your pet when you’re not home! Our staff is bonded and trustworthy to have in your home. We have hundreds of keys we keep in a secure lock box. And as a second security measure, these keys are tagged with your pet name NOT your last name or address.
1. If we have your credit card on file, we can bill your account. If we do not, we must have payment on pickup or before delivery.
2. If your neighbor can be included in the same stop, Yeah!... If we drive 3 houses down, it doesn't count and both customers will be charged for the STOP FEE.
3. If you have a set schedule and failed to inform us of a day off and we stopped to pick up anyway, you will be charged.
4. We will try to reach you via call and/or text, then We will wait 5 minutes. If we hear from you after we have left, you may be charged a second fee if we are asked to return.
5. If we are scheduled to pick up your pet for daycare OR boarding it is your responsibility to call and confirm that we have in fact, picked up your pet. If you are unsure whether a family member has scheduled a pickup it is your responsibility to follow through and find out.
6. We have had a person leave on vacation for two weeks and fail to leave a key. If we are required to break into your home for your pet, we will charge you $250 plus you will be responsible for all damage done to your home upon entry and any legal fees or fines we may incur.
7. If we are transporting to or from a plantation and a pass is not called in for us, you WILL incur additional charges.
8. Your pet is covered under our insurance/liability while in transit as a paid customer of The Bark Shack, LLC.
9. Pick ups need to be called in by 8am…if you call and request a SAME DAY pick up AFTER 8 AM (not PM), you may incur additional charges, if we much back track or make a second run.
10. Dropoffs must be requested by 4:30pm or additional charges could apply.
Contact us to learn more about the several ways to schedule for any pick up and dropoffs, including early morning options:
Please know pricing for daycare WILL CHANGE BY SPRING 2016. As Spring approaches, this standard pricing will remain the same, however, pets that will be affected by the increase will be:
A good rule to remember if your pet requires a yard to him/herself or VERY limited others, they cost more to us and therefore we must charge more. WE ARE A SOCIAL KENNEL, PACK ORIENTED. IF YOUR PET requires private play, seclusion due to behavior OR PRIVATE HANDLING, THERE WILL BE AN UPCHARGE.
Full Day (7 AM - 7PM)
$11 per dog
Half Day (4 HOURS or LESS)
$8 per dog
Kennel Lunch - $1 per guest or bring your own lunch
Grain-Free Kennel Lunch - $3 per guest or bring your own lunch
Holiday Day Care Hours and Prices
During the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, we have people desperate for boarding. We always sell out. This causes less available space for our daycare visitors. Then, we have those desperate for our daycare program because their pet will eat the turkey off of the table.
In order to accommodate all, we do offer daycare, but we have increased the price to $32 daily per dog. No half day allowed during these times.
These dates are as follows:
2 days prior to Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving day and 2 days after Thanksgiving
3 days prior to Christmas, regardless what day Christmas falls on, Christmas day and 3 days after Christmas
If you utilize our 1/2 day bath and play, there is still a $32 charge for the daycare and normal bathing charges. However, you will receive the normal $3 discount as customary on all 1/2 day bath and play packages.
We are very thankful for the referrals you continue to send our way. For every referral you send us, you will receive a $11 credit* applied to your account that can be used for any of our services here at The Barkshack.*The credit will be applied to your account after the referred person has concluded their service and either you or them let us know that you referred them prior to their service.